North east blokes reconvened this week. By all accounts a great night was had by all. Greg brought his “get lost” sized whiteboard and did a great job of facilitating the night. Details to follow.
Hey guys, thanks to all who were able to get there yesterday for the first full gathering to reflect upon the church health process that Vineyard Australia are making available to us as a community. Some of the key issues that came out of yesterdays meeting:
- Elders group officially dissolved so we can engage in the process as a whole community. We can decide what a leadership structure can/will look like on the other end of the process. My personal thanks to all of those who have played a role of elder over the last few years. The gift of your time, leadership, prayers and resources is something that I truly appreciate. Thank you so much!
- We will be deferring the kick off of the blokes and girls groups until after the next stage in the process. Again, thanks to all those who have led these groups with integrity, time and energy over and above all of your other commitments. I am grateful for your contribution. Thank you!
- We are going to conduct a communal review of the core practices. In order to do that, we need to come to Wednesday night’s gathering with:
- Which practices are working right now in missio?
- Which ones are not working?
- What would you get rid of?
- What would you add?
- Where have we emotionally checked out?
- What are the things that I haven’t expressed? (Not everyone, not just a spouse or a select person.)
So we will reconvene the process at 6:30pm at the Lee’s place, this Wednesday the 19th. Missio will again spring for dinner so the families can have a little less stress on the night. Thanks again for your contribution, participation and energy. Looking forward to hearing what God is wanting to do through the next little bit.